Pages

Mike Ashley to sell Newcastle to Arab billionaire for 350 million: The Sun

Mike Ashley to sell Newcastle to Arab billionaire for 350 million: The Sun

LONDON (REUTERS) - Mike Ashley has agreed to sell Newcastle United to Abu Dhabi's billionaire Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan for £350 million (S$612 million), the Sun reported late on Sunday (May 26).
The contracts between Ashley and Sheikh Khaled have been signed and submitted to the Premier League, according to the report.
Ashley, who bought a controlling stake in the Premier League club in 2007, has in the past tried to sell the club.
Ashley, who owns British sportswear retailer Sports Direct International Plc said last October that he had not received any acceptable offers for Newcastle, a year after he officially put the club up for sale, but told Sky News in December that talks on a deal had made promising progress.
Any potential buyer of the club must be able to provide transfer funds, he had said at the time.
Sheikh Khaled, the cousin of Manchester City owner and Arab billionaire Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, previously failed in his bid to buy Liverpool Football Club for £2 billion last year, the Daily Mail has previously reported.
Sheikh Khaled is also the founder of Bin Zayed Group, a leading conglomerate with diverse business interests in the local and international markets.

 
Newcastle United, the Premier League and the Bin Zayed Group did not immediately respond to Reuters' requests for comments.


Jaguars ban four fans who threw objects in Seahawks game. The Jacksonville Jaguars announced officials have banned four fans responsible for throwing objects during Sunday's game at EverBank
What happens when you are banned for life from a baseball

Football: Reds can be 'Invincibles' this season, says Unai


Burnley manager Sean Dyche praised McNeil and was also upbeat about his team's chances of staying in the top flight. Burnley boost survival hopes with 2-0 win over Wolves Home


What Luis Suarez said about Liverpool's incredible win over Barcelona in Champions League. It was a night to forget for the former Reds forward as he returned to Anfield
5 Things Liverpool Needs To Beat Barcelona In The Champions


Moise Kean came off the bench to claim a late winner and put Juventus on the brink of clinching the Serie A title. If Napoli lose at home to Genoa on Sunday, Juve will be Italian champions for an
Moise Kean Winner Puts Juventus On Brink Of Serie A Title


Jurgen Klopp's stunning transfer record as Liverpool manager is enough to placate fans that are desperate to see the side improve. While Brendan Rodgers was top boss at Anfield, the Northern Irishman was hamstrung by the club's infamous transfer committee which signed Mario Balotelli and Christian Benteke as Luis Suarez replacements.
Jürgen Klopp - Wikipedia


Football: Neymar banned for three Champions League matches over ref rant Neymar (above) labelled the VAR system a "disgrace" after Manchester United were awarded a decisive last-gap penalty. PHOTO
Neymar banned for three Champions League matches over ref rant


Football: Liverpool look built to last. Manager Jurgen Klopp has re-established them as continental superpowers but Liverpool still have not won the league title since Margaret Thatcher was the
Klopp's Reds: Built to last - FOAR - LFC News, Opinions


Gotze, though, feels there are other ways to measure Dortmund's success under new coach Favre, who took charge after leaving Nice. "I think two things are important. Not only the result at the end of the season and if you make it in the Champions League or not, but also the way you achieve your goals is important as well," Gotze added.
Gotze predicts Borussia Dortmund success in Champions League


Declan Rice's first West Ham goal secured a 1-0 win over Arsenal in a capital city derby clash at the London Stadium. The victory in Saturday's early kick-off saw the Hammers move up to eighth in
Football: Rice scores first Hammers goal to defeat Arsenal


Delighted Klopp tells players to stay focused . 30th December 2018 Football, Sport. London - Jurgen Klopp refused to get carried away with the growing expectation that Liverpool can lift the
Delighted Jurgen Klopp Tells Players To Stay Focused


Professional footballers across the Premier League and Football League are set to undertake a 24-hour boycott of all forms of social media, in protest against the recent rise in racial abuse and
'#Enough' - Premier League players boycott social media in

0 comments:

Post a Comment